Vacancies at Westfield Technology Group
Westfield Technology Group
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000 – £23,000 a year
The job role entails:
- Building Sports cars and Autonomous Vehicles. You may also be involved in building new specification vehicles using latest technology.
- Assisting the design and build of proto-type vehicles.
- Electrical knowledge an advantage although not essential.
- Integrating new vehicle and electronics into Autonomous Vehicles and Sports Cars.
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and company policy.
- You will have your own tools.
- You will be keen to introduce new ideas and improvements to vehicles, processes and supporting other teams in the business.
- Be a good team player, overtime available.
Autonomous Systems Engineer
Salary: £21,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year
Westfield Technology Group are at the forefront of Autonomous Vehicles. We are developing the Westfield POD – last mile transportation system, the GTM (First M1 Vehicle to be fully Autonomous running at 70mph), Drones and Marine Vessels. Westfield are developing its software for use in Agri-tech, Marine Autonomy and Aerospace with Autonomous Drone Last 100m delivery Technology.
This job role has a fantastic chance to work in and around upcoming technology in the automation industry. You will be tasked with joining current projects which deal with managing the automated items. The role will involve hands on application and project input on all aspects of our autonomous drive systems. We are looking for people who can hit the ground running and help move these projects to its final stages. The system that is built has the chance to be redeployed for further business ventures as per an exploitation plan.
- Continue development on projects which are ongoing
- Have good documentation skills
- Be able to communicate with partners of the project
- Good problem-solving skills
- Proficient in C/C++, Python or Embedded C
- Experience of interfacing with hardware devices
- Ability to work under own initiative and limited supervision
- Good people skills
- OpenCV experience
- Good understanding of electronics
- Knowledge/experience with CAN protocol
- Exposure to AVR MCU’s (or other)
- Serial comms development
- Knowledge of various operating systems
- Some experience with server configuration and management
- Linux Command line
- Git for version control
- Knowledge of file storage and file delivery protocols
Westfield Sports Cars Ltd promotes equality of opportunity in respect of every aspect of its provision.
Location is flexible, home working, Birmingham, Manchester or Kingswinford all considered.