Vacancies at Westfield Technology Group
Westfield Technology Group
This position can be based in Kingswinford, Manchester or home based.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 to £50,000.00/year
Westfield Technology Group requires experienced software and electronics engineers to work in our busy research and development department.
Principle role accountabilities
- Contribute and maintain existing software products, primarily in C++ and ROS, in a real time communication related environment.
- Implement interfaces to/from third party products and Tier 1 suppliers.
- Contribute towards the development of new electronic products for autonomous vehicle platforms and WTG sub systems.
- Awareness of EMC compliance.
- Awareness of MISRA C compliance and ISO 26262.
- Support the design and development of new products and product improvements, balancing innovative engineering design, functional requirements and aesthetic appeal with product safety, cost effective design and ease of manufacture.
- Create and maintain technical documentation that supports the product development process including product specifications, manuals and end user instructions.
- Ensure technical files are created and maintained/updated as new products are designed, or existing products are changed.
- Provide technical support throughout the development cycle and to other areas of the business when required.
- Play an active role in projects, teams, meetings etc. Liaise with other cross-functional team members, suppliers and other interested parties throughout projects and encourage their involvement and participation.
- Proactively contribute towards steer and support to both marketing and product development to drive innovation through the use of new and improved technologies.
- Support in sourcing new innovative suppliers and vetting manufacturing capabilities and suitability.
- Identification and resolution of existing product issues including fault finding, testing and root cause analysis.
Specific responsibilities for the Software/Electronics Engineer role will depend upon your skill set level and previous experience. Typically, you will be responsible for a range of engineering activities covering all stages of the engineering lifecycle; from concept through to verification and validation of production systems. You will work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop solutions that successfully meet with the overall objectives of the project.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- In depth knowledge & experience of Electronics Engineering.
- Experience using ROS code.
- Experience of writing C++ code.
- Working knowledge of complex technical issues and associated product range.
- Comprehensive understanding of industry specific requirements.
Desirable skills and experience
- Has experience of electronic/electrical product design preferably with experience designing for manufacture and test.
- Has a good understanding of electronic circuit design and broad knowledge of electrical practices including wiring, PCB design, the use of test equipment, EMC considerations and electrical safety
- Be proficient at researching components, materials, processes and product developments/advancements
- Process driven with a continuous improvement mind set is essential – ability to question and highlight opportunities for improvements
- Be confident, friendly in manner and well organised with the ability to multi task
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Organised and structured
Westfield Technology Group
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000 – £23,000 a year
The job role entails:
- Building Sports cars and Autonomous Vehicles. You may also be involved in building new specification vehicles using latest technology.
- Assisting the design and build of proto-type vehicles.
- Electrical knowledge an advantage although not essential.
- Integrating new vehicle and electronics into Autonomous Vehicles and Sports Cars.
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and company policy.
- You will have your own tools.
- You will be keen to introduce new ideas and improvements to vehicles, processes and supporting other teams in the business.
- Be a good team player, overtime available.
Autonomous Systems Engineer
Salary: £21,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year
Westfield Technology Group are at the forefront of Autonomous Vehicles. We are developing the Westfield POD – last mile transportation system, the GTM (First M1 Vehicle to be fully Autonomous running at 70mph), Drones and Marine Vessels. Westfield are developing its software for use in Agri-tech, Marine Autonomy and Aerospace with Autonomous Drone Last 100m delivery Technology.
This job role has a fantastic chance to work in and around upcoming technology in the automation industry. You will be tasked with joining current projects which deal with managing the automated items. The role will involve hands on application and project input on all aspects of our autonomous drive systems. We are looking for people who can hit the ground running and help move these projects to its final stages. The system that is built has the chance to be redeployed for further business ventures as per an exploitation plan.
- Continue development on projects which are ongoing
- Have good documentation skills
- Be able to communicate with partners of the project
- Good problem-solving skills
- Proficient in C/C++, Python or Embedded C
- Experience of interfacing with hardware devices
- Ability to work under own initiative and limited supervision
- Good people skills
- OpenCV experience
- Good understanding of electronics
- Knowledge/experience with CAN protocol
- Exposure to AVR MCU’s (or other)
- Serial comms development
- Knowledge of various operating systems
- Some experience with server configuration and management
- Linux Command line
- Git for version control
- Knowledge of file storage and file delivery protocols
Westfield Sports Cars Ltd promotes equality of opportunity in respect of every aspect of its provision.
Location is flexible, home working, Birmingham, Manchester or Kingswinford all considered.